Superannuation Fund Valuations
Clients require valuations in many different situations and circumstances, including superannuation fund valuations. A superannuation fund valuation is required for a self-managed superannuation fund (SMSF). A valuation of assets is required to confirm your SMSF has complied with relevant super laws. These laws include:
- preparing the financial accounts and statements of the fund
- acquiring assets between SMSFs and related parties
- disposing of certain collectables and personal use assets to a related party of the fund
- determining the market value of an SMSF’s in-house assets as a percentage of all assets in the fund
- determining the value of assets that support a member’s super pension
- determining the market value of assets supporting members’ retirement phase and accumulation accounts for the purposes of calculating the members’ total super balances
- managing your fund’s investments in the best financial interests of fund members
Here at Sydney Property Valuers we guarantee a comprehensive superannuation fund valuation process and deliver a detailed, clear and concise valuation report for our clients. Our valuers are registered with the Australian Property Institute (API).
For a superannuation fund valuation, the role of the specialised valuer includes, checking that assets have been valued correctly and assess and document whether the basis for the valuation is appropriate given the nature of the asset.
The professional valuer who conducts this valuation must be independent. This means that the valuer cannot be a member of the fun or a related party of the fund. They are required to be impartial and unbiased and not be influenced by any other people.
If you need to obtain an independent valuer for a superannuation fund valuation, or would like to find out more information on how we can assist you, please call (02) 8599 9840, and we will be happy to assist. Alternatively, complete one of our online enquiry forms and a member of the team will get back to you at our earliest convenience.